Sunday, March 16, 2008

The World of Play

Too often we perceive task that lie before as work instead of play. Or, rather, we fail to see the playfulness involved in good ol' fashioned hard work.

Exercise is work
Cooking is work
Meditation is work
Sex is work

Yep that's right, all the things we do outside of work become work!

And, of course, work is just plain work.

For those of us who sing, even breathing becomes work!

Oh, my goodness, I have been working and working and working my whole life, but it is time for a change.

This week I'm going to commit to making every aspect of my life a form of play.--Pure chocolate ice cream for the entire week. Not a mix of work and play; not a dab of some realm outside either work or play, into other dabs and dimensions outside the world of describability. Nope.
Just play.

Chocolate week.

Today I will start with voice--playing with the colors afforded by the words, and by varying rhythmic styles.--Why sing "Amarilli" in a smooth veluptuous 2/4 when it can also be sung in a nice bright coloratura-style 4/4 as well.--For God's sake, live a little with the music. Have fun, dear.

Oh, my--am I talking to myself?---Oh, well, two selves are more fun for conversation!

=) =P ......?

No comments: