Sunday, March 23, 2008

A Break from the Boyfriends

I thought it would be nice to have an intermission, of sorts, before proceeding onto......well, of course, famous boyfriend #3.--I never even realized myself that I had quite a collection. The world of narrative precipitates us into awareness, at a certain level, in spite of tendencies toward hyperbole. (All queens have a flare for drama and exaggeration, like it or not).

Having said that, I'll move straight to intermission with, of course, nothing less than more vocal pedagogy. Here is where I am at the moment:

---I. Within the context of a legato line, sound seems to parabolate laterally along the breath--with an emphasis on the word, "parabolate".
II. Bright vowels seem to parabolate backward along the front of the breath (the forward lean); releasing forward along the back.
III. Dark vowels seem to parabolate forward along the back of the breath (the backward lean); releasing backward along the front.
IV. The narrower the vowel, the lower it wants to sit.
V. The "ee", the narrowest of all, likes to parabolate backward along the platform of the hips; releasing forward along the top of the uh.....butt.
VI. The "oo" which is slightly wider, likes to sit, well, slightly higher; moving in the opposite directions.
VII. Of course the wider vowels like to sit in the ribs; still parabolating in both directions along the back and front of the breath, always attaching along the sides.

Just call me TT. Technical tenor. ---These descriptions, I suppose, represent to some degree, the idiosyncracies of my own voice, at this point in its development.

Wasn't this a lovely way to experience intermission; along the breath of a hot-aired TT.

=P

No comments: